Georgiou Development’s Executive Director Jon Smeulders has been voted in as a Director on the Committee for Perth Board.
The recently held election for Committee for Perth Board members saw five new people voted in as Directors, with one current Director re-elected. Committee for Perth Chairman John Langoulant AO, said the 14 nominees were all of a very high caliber.
“The election of Directors by our members is a rigorous democratic process that has served us very well for the past decade. And given the Committee’s leadership on gender equality it was pleasing to see that all women who nominated were elected,” said Mr Langoulant.
The incoming Directors are:
- Maya vanden Driesen from Wesfarmers was elected until November 2019. She had been filling a vacancy following Diane Smith-Gander’s resignation at the end of last year.
- Deborah Terry was elected until November 2019. She is the first Curtin representative to join the Board.
- Stephanie Buckland from Amana Living was elected until November 2019.
- Jon Smeulders from Georgiou Group, was elected until November 2019. Jon currently sits on the Committee’s Reshaping Working Group
- John Nicolaou from ACIL Allen Consulting and the former Chief Economist at the CCI has been elected until November 2019.
“Each of the new Board members brings a skill-set which will add to and complement those of the existing Directors,” added Mr Langoulant.
“While the Committee for Perth is an apolitical organisation, next year will be an interesting time with either the re-election of the current government or the election of a new one. Either way we are keen to engage with the government as we continue to use fact based research to benchmark policies and decisions to continue to ensure that Perth is a vibrant, sustainable and liveable region as we head towards a population of 3.5 million. This is particularly relevant given the Committee’s recent release of the Get a Move On! report which focuses on priorities for transport investment and land uses for the Perth and Peel region.”
The new Board members join existing Directors Gaye McMath from Gold Corp, who was re-elected to fill the balance of her second, three-year term, Michael Schoch from Shell, Isaac Rankin from ANZ and Chairman John Langoulant AO.
“I would also like to take this time to thank outgoing Board members Michael Gollschewski from Rio Tinto and Abra DeKlerk from Aurecon for their commitment and the intellectual rigour and passion they brought to the Board. I hope they both got as much out of their time with the Board as we did having them working with us,” added Mr Langoulant.
John Langoulant AO has been reappointed as Chairman and Gaye McMath as Deputy Chair.